Sunday, July 24, 2011

Enjoying some quiet time with family!

If I can figure out how to upload photos on this ...I will...but for now it I will just write about life here in Denmark. This weekend we spent most of, ok, all of our time with my family at their beautiful home in Herning. We had 2 lovely little cousins to play with Tobias is 5 years old and Andrea is 2 (and full of spunk!) We went to the swimming hall yesterday where Gabe and Jerry both jumped off a 5 meter platform! IT was NUTS!!! Gabe's face was priceless. You could not have paid me to do what he did! So his Uncle Michael did just that...paid him 20 Kroner to jump! Then later last night..we played cards, as we do often when we are together, and Michel did a double or nothing...and lost again..so Michael 0 Gabe 2! And his is now 40 Kroner richer! Which will buy him a very nice Ice cream cone or 3 or 4 of them!
We went on a couple nice walks today around their home which is beautiful wooded areas and there are picnic tables in little nooks and small playgrounds hidden in there too! Tonight for dinner we went to my little brothers home where he and his girlfriend Gry made the most amazing meal...FRIKEDILLA! It was SOOOO good! Mette and Gabe both ate a TON and so did Jerry and I to be fair. Homemade potato salad, pasta salad...everything was wonderful and their home is so very nice! They look out over a nice lake with great walking-running paths. You can see my host parents home for their deck. Nice and close to each other!
Tomorrow we are off to an adventure with my host dad to Germany! It is known as a "Beer Run" to get cheap beer just across the borader. My mom Ann said we have to have the "BIG SAUSAGES" too! It will be a little over 2 hours to drive there and then 2 hours back home but when everyone else is working we have all day to play!
It has been a great vacation so far and we still have over 2 weeks to go!

1 comment:

  1. Please for humanity's sake please do it once
    I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help PAY MY Tuition Fees. I need your only 3 to 5 minutes approximately

    What you have to do is
    1.go to Google.com and search "Kwotz-Golden Words of Life"
    2.then visit my blog from the the search results.
    3.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
    4. click ONE of the ads that appeals to you from ADBoxes and visit there.
    5.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
    and that's it.

    NOTE:DO NOT visit the blog directly. Visit through Google . Only ONE click is needed.
    I will be grateful to you.
    May God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete